LAKE COUNTY PRIDE 2020: RAISING AWARENESS
ATTENTION: DUE TO THE COVID 19 PANDEMIC, AND ITS ANTICIPATED AFTERMATH, LAKE COUNTY PRIDE 2020 WILL NOW BE TAKING PLACE AT NOON ON SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 19TH.
Who we are?
Lake County Pride Organization Corp. is a 501c3 non-profit consisting of myself, Danielle M. Olivani, its creator and founder.
Lake County Pride 2020 was created to promote awareness of and education about issues affecting the LGBTQ+ community in the Lake County area. Your donations will support Pride awareness and education in Lake County, Florida.
We will host a party for the entire community on Saturday, September 19th, 2020, with special guest performers Ginger Minj, Adam Joseph, and Matty Rants. Your donations to Lake County Pride will help support the event.
Working alongside me are my fellow board members, members of The Triangle Connection, a non-profit social and service organization for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Persons who live, love, work or play in Lake County's Golden Triangle communities of Mount Dora, Eustis, and Tavares, Florida; volunteers and local allies including but not limited to Deland Pride, St. Pete Pride 2020, Equality FLORIDA, Lake-Sumter College Gay-Straight Alliance, the Zebra Coalition, Leesburg Center for the Arts, Momma Ashely Rose and Rose Dynasty Foundation Inc., The National Bearded Empress Pageant, WellFlorida Council, and The United Way of Lake and Sumter County. We welcome year-round community partnerships to strengthen the LGBTQ+ experience in Tavares and all of Lake County.
The Triangle Connection’s William A. Sievert Memorial Scholarships, scholarships for LGBTQ+ youth, administered by the Triangle Connection through the auspices of The Mount Dora Community Trust, will be one of the beneficiaries of the proceeds raised by Lake County Pride 2020, as well as The Trevor Project. The Trevor Project, Founded in 1998 by the creators of the Academy Award ®-winning short film TREVOR, The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ) young people under 25.
Lake County Pride's Mission & Vision
To educate both the general public and local lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) people about LGBTQ+ culture, current events, and community concerns;
To provide a regional forum to celebrate the history, heritage, and accomplishments of LGBTQ+ people;
To create an environment for advocacy, networking, outreach, support services and leadership opportunities for LGBTQ+ people, their families, and friends;
To celebrate the rich diversity of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer culture and community.
3688 Lake Eleanor Drive, Mount Dora FL 32757
Lake County Pride 2020 Short Term Goals:
-To promote tolerance, increase LGBTQ+ visibility, and create awareness and understanding
- To help connect our LGBTQ+ population--from youths to elders--with resources, businesses, health care, social opportunities that meet their needs
- To bring an enjoyable, culturally enriching, family-friendly event to the local community
- To bring recognition and revenue to Tavares and the surrounding community
- To work with local businesses on outstanding sponsorship opportunities that will bring them recognition and business for their participation in Lake County Pride
Long Term Goals:
- For Lake County Pride to become an annual event
- For a portion of the proceeds from Lake, County Pride to fully fund college tuition for recipients of the William A. Sievert scholarships
- To pursue sponsorships from major national brands that are LGBTQ+-friendly and have participated in Pride events in other communities.
- To pursue grants and eventually fund a local community foundation to serve the LGBTQ+ community in Lake County
- For Lake County Pride to bring positive national recognition to Tavares and Lake County
Lake County Pride Organization Corp. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization so all donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Our major expenses are rental fees for venue space, website services, printing, postage, insurance and supplies for this all volunteer organization. Revenue is generated through special events, corporate sponsorships, foundations and general public contributors.
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION OF Lake County Pride Organization Corporation AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES AT WWW.800HELPFLA.COM OR BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-435-7352 WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.
Supporting us has never been easier, and any contribution will be appreciated. Above is a breakdown of our campaign goals. If you can’t find a goal that aligns with your interests, please don’t hesitate to contact us.