- Community support and outreach through acts of service though advocacy, education, and kindness
- Facilitating and organizing programs, initiatives, and actions for the betterment, enrichment, and enhancement in the lives of the LGBTQIA+, and all marginalized communities in Lake County, FL
- Planning, organizing, and implementing Lake County, FL's yearly LGBTQIA+ PRIDE Celebration
- Providing a safe space and specific objectives, i.e.; youth and young adult support groups and campaign's, and additional programs solely tailored for LGBTQIA+ individuals ages 13 to 20 years old
**Lake County Pride also offers events/programs/initiatives for the entire LGBTQIA+ community**
Who we are?
Lake County Pride Organization Corp. is a 501c3 non-profit consisting of myself, Danielle M. Olivani, its creator and founder.
Lake County Pride was created to promote awareness of and education about issues affecting the LGBTQIA+ community in the Lake County area. Your donations will support Pride awareness and education in Lake County, Florida.
We are hosting a virtual Pride for the entire community on Saturday, September 19th, 2020, with special guest performers Ginger Minj, Adam Joseph, and Matty Rants. Your donations to Lake County Pride will help support the event. The event will be streaming on Facebook and YouTube. All proceeds made from this event are going to Equality Florida's TransAction.
Working alongside me are my fellow board members, members of The Triangle Connection, a non-profit social and service organization for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Persons who live, love, work or play in Lake County's Golden Triangle communities of Mount Dora, Eustis, and Tavares, Florida; volunteers and local allies including but not limited to Deland Pride, St. Pete Pride 2020, Equality FLORIDA, Lake-Sumter College Gay-Straight Alliance, the Zebra Coalition, Leesburg Center for the Arts, Momma Ashely Rose and Rose Dynasty Foundation Inc., The National Bearded Empress Pageant, WellFlorida Council, and The United Way of Lake and Sumter County. We welcome year-round community partnerships to strengthen the LGBTQ+ experience in Lake County FL, and surrounding communities.
Lake County Pride's Mission & Vision
To educate both the general public and local lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer LGBTQIA+ people about LGBTQIA+ culture, current events, and community concerns;
To provide a regional forum to celebrate the history, heritage, and accomplishments of LGBTQIA+ people;
To create an environment for advocacy, networking, outreach, support services and leadership opportunities for LGBTQIA+ people, their families, and friends;
To celebrate the rich diversity of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer culture and community.
3688 Lake Eleanor Drive, Mount Dora FL 32757
Lake County Pride: Goals
-To promote tolerance, increase LGBTQIA+ visibility, and create awareness and understanding
- To help connect our LGBTQIA+ population--from youths to elders--with resources, businesses, health care, social opportunities that meet their needs
- To bring an enjoyable, culturally enriching, family-friendly events, intiives, and actions to the local community, and surrounding aresas.
- To bring recognition and revenue to Lake County, FL
- To work with local businesses on outstanding sponsorship opportunities that will bring them recognition and business for their participation in Lake County Pride
- For Lake County Pride to become an annual event
- To pursue continuing and suistaing sponsorships from local businesses, established nonprofits, governmentally supported organizations, and from major national brands that are LGBTQIA+ friendly and have participated in Pride events in other communities.
- To pursue grants and eventually fund a local community foundation and LGBTQIA+ Community Center to serve the LGBTQIA+ community in Lake County, FL
- For Lake County Pride to bring positive national recognition to Lake County, FL
Lake County Pride Organization Corp. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization so all donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Our major expenses are rental fees for venue space, website services, printing, postage, insurance and supplies for this all volunteer organization. Revenue is generated through special events, corporate sponsorships, foundations and general public contributors.
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION OF Lake County Pride Organization Corporation AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES AT WWW.800HELPFLA.COM OR BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-435-7352 WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.
Supporting us has never been easier, and any contribution will be appreciated. Above is a breakdown of our campaign goals. If you can’t find a goal that aligns with your interests, please don’t hesitate to contact us.