Lake County Pride: Raising Awareness
Who we are?
Lake County Pride Organization Corp. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit consisting of myself, Danielle M. Olivani, its creator and founder.
Lake County Pride 2020 was created to promote awareness of and education about issues affecting the LGBTQIA+ community in the Lake County area. Your donations will support Pride awareness and education in Lake County, Florida.
We are hosting a virtual Pride for the entire community on Saturday, September 19th, 2020, with special guest performers Ginger Minj, Adam Joseph, and Matty Rants. Your donations to Lake County Pride will help support the event. The event will be streaming on Facebook and YouTube. All proceeds made from this event are going to Equality Florida's TransAction.
Working alongside me are my fellow board members, members of Triangle Connection, a social and service organization for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Persons who live, love, work or play in Lake County's Golden Triangle communities of Mount Dora, Eustis, and Tavares, Florida; volunteers and local allies including but not limited to Embrace Magazine, Deland Pride, St. Pete Pride 2020, Lakeside Chamber Player's, Equality FLORIDA, Lake-Sumter College Gay-Straight Alliance, Lake County Democrats, Leesburg Center for the Arts, Momma Ashely Rose and Rose Dynasty Foundation Inc., The National Bearded Empress Pageant, WellFlorida Council, Matt's Green Thumb, and The United Way of Lake and Sumter County. We welcome year-round community partnerships to strengthen the LGBTQIA+ experience in Central Florida and beyond...
Lake County Pride's Mission & Vision
To educate both the general public and local lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) people about LGBTQIA+ culture, current events, and community concerns;
To advocate for, and provide a regional forum to celebrate the history, heritage, and accomplishments of LGBTQIA+ people;
To create an environment for advocacy, networking, outreach, support services and leadership opportunities for LGBTQIA+ people, their families, and friends;
To celebrate the rich diversity of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer culture and community.
3688 Lake Eleanor Drive, Mount Dora FL 32757
Follow us on FACEBOOK @Lake County Pride
Lake County Pride Short Term Goals:
-To promote tolerance, increase LGBTQIA+ visibility, and create awareness and understanding through education, outreach, and acts of service
- To help connect our LGBTQIA+ population--from youths to elders--with resources, businesses, health care, social opportunities that meet their needs
- To bring an enjoyable, culturally enriching, family-friendly event to the local community
- To bring recognition and revenue to Lake County Florida
- To work with local businesses on outstanding sponsorship opportunities that will bring them exposure and business for their participation in Lake County Pride
Long Term Goals:
- For Lake County Pride to become an Annual Event
- For a portion of the proceeds from Lake, County Pride to fully fund college tuition for our scholarship recipient.
- To obtain sponsorships from major national brands that are LGBTQIA+ friendly and have participated in Pride events and supported LGBTQIA+ nonprofits in other communities.
- To pursue grants and eventually fund a local community foundation/center to serve the LGBTQIA+ community in Lake County
- For Lake County Pride to bring positive national recognition to Tavares and Lake County
Lake County Pride Organization Corp. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization so all donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Our major expenses are rental fees for venue space, website services, printing, postage, insurance and supplies for this all volunteer organization. Revenue is generated through special events, corporate sponsorships, foundations and general public contributors.
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION OF Lake County Pride Organization Corporation AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES AT WWW.800HELPFLA.COM OR BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-435-7352 WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.
Supporting us has never been easier, and any contribution will be appreciated. Above is a breakdown of our campaign goals. If you can’t find a goal that aligns with your interests, please don’t hesitate to contact us.